Today’s Recipe: Citrusy Chicken Fajitas
Fajitas provide a wholesome mix of ingredients that make up a healthy diet --which, in turn, keeps your digestion in tip-top shape. Plan this dish during the week for a night of easy cleanup!
Makes 4 servings
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 oranges, juiced
1 lime, juiced
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 bell peppers, cored, seeded and quartered
1 red onion, peeled and cut into thick rings
Warm corn tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, juices, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour half the marinade into a separate medium-sized bowl.
- Add the chicken to one of the bowls and toss to coat.
- Add the vegetables to the other bowl and toss to coat.
- Cover both bowls and let marinate for at least two hours, or overnight.
- Heat a ridged grill pan, cast-iron skillet or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Place vegetables in a single layer to cook until they start to soften and are charred on the outside, about four to five minutes per side.
- Remove vegetables to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Add chicken to the pan and cook until browned and cooked through, about five to six minutes per side.
- Slice the meat and vegetables into strips; serve with warm tortillas, lime wedges and fresh cilantro.