Today’s Recipe: Cereal-Crusted Halibut
Cereal toasts beautifully under the broiler to give this simple fish dish a crispy, salty-sweet, low-fat coating. Yum!
Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups Kellogg’s® Smart Start® cereal
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 halibut fillets, 6 to 7 ounces each
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place oven rack in top position of oven, closest to broiler. Place a second rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Combine cereal, dill and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- Place halibut fillets on baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake until fish flakes with a fork, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with mustard. Spoon cereal mixture onto fillets, pressing on it with the back of a spoon so it adheres to fish.
- Turn oven to broil. Return pan to upper rack of oven, and broil until halibut crust is deep golden, about 30 seconds. Note: Watch carefully, because crust will burn quickly as soon as it has browned.
- Transfer fillets to dinner plates and serve immediately.