Healthy Starts Made Simple is a dynamic digital resource that emphasizes the importance of eating well for good health. Engaging content -- including fresh articles, expert advice and infographics -- covers the latest in nutrition and health, simplifying the process of taking small steps toward a healthy tomorrow.
- Health: Health news you can use to maintain everything from a healthy heart to a trim waistline.
- Nutrition: Reliable nutrition information that debunks diet myths.
- Lifestyle: Tips and advice to help you make healthier lifestyle decisions.
- Expert Answers: A variety of expert voices offering advice on health, nutrition and overall wellness.
- Blog: Bloggers write about their health- and nutrition-related experiences.
- Myth vs. Fact: An interactive quiz that informs by debunking common health and nutrition misconceptions.
- Infographics: Illustrated visuals focusing on nutrition topics.
Poll: A collection of readers’ votes on various topics.
Tips: Quick, informative gems of expert advice.
- Vanessa Voltolina is the managing editor of Health Starts Made Simple. The former digital editor at AOL Health and NBCUniversal has also contributed to such national outlets as Weight Watchers, HuffPost Healthy Living and Spa Finder Wellness. She specializes in health, nutrition, fitness and lifestyle content and is currently pursuing a master’s degree in clinical nutrition at New York University.
- Natalia Macrynikola is a group editor at Studio One. She edits a broad range of health and lifestyle programs, including Ideas That Spark and Completely You.
- Cathy Garrard is a freelance writer and editor specializing in health and travel. Her work has appeared in Glamour, Self, More, Prevention, and USA Today, among others. She is based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Jessica Remitz is a freelance writer and editor currently contributing to Everyday Health, Spa Finder Wellness and BBC Travel.
- Diana Kelly is a New York-based freelance writer and editor with over 10 years' experience working for various media outlets, including Prevention, WeightWatchers.com, Shape, Redbook, Men's Fitness, Child, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN, RealSelf.com and more.
- Cynthia Ramnarace writes frequently about health, nutrition and older adults. Her writing can be found in O, the Oprah Magazine, AARP Bulletin, Prevention.com, iVillage.com and EverydayHealth.com.