Healthy Starts Made Simple is a dynamic digital resource that emphasizes the importance of eating well for good health. Engaging content -- including fresh articles, expert advice and infographics -- covers the latest in nutrition and health, simplifying the process of taking small steps toward a healthy tomorrow.
- Health: Health news you can use to maintain everything from a healthy heart to a trim waistline.
- Nutrition: Reliable nutrition information that debunks diet myths.
- Lifestyle: Tips and advice to help you make healthier lifestyle decisions.
- Expert Answers: A variety of expert voices offering advice on health, nutrition and overall wellness.
- Blog: Bloggers write about their health- and nutrition-related experiences.
- Myth vs. Fact: An interactive quiz that informs by debunking common health and nutrition misconceptions.
- Infographics: Illustrated visuals focusing on nutrition topics.
Poll: A collection of readers’ votes on various topics.
Tips: Quick, informative gems of expert advice.
- Vanessa Voltolina is the managing editor of Health Starts Made Simple. The former digital editor at AOL Health and NBCUniversal has also contributed to such national outlets as Weight Watchers, HuffPost Healthy Living and Spa Finder Wellness. She specializes in health, nutrition, fitness and lifestyle content and is currently pursuing a master’s degree in clinical nutrition at New York University.
- Natalia Macrynikola is a group editor at Studio One. She edits a broad range of health and lifestyle programs, including Ideas That Spark and Completely You.
- Cathy Garrard is a freelance writer and editor specializing in health and travel. Her work has appeared in Glamour, Self, More, Prevention, and USA Today, among others. She is based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Jessica Remitz is a freelance writer and editor currently contributing to Everyday Health, Spa Finder Wellness and BBC Travel.
- Diana Kelly is a New York-based freelance writer and editor with over 10 years' experience working for various media outlets, including Prevention, WeightWatchers.com, Shape, Redbook, Men's Fitness, Child, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN, RealSelf.com and more.
- Cynthia Ramnarace writes frequently about health, nutrition and older adults. Her writing can be found in O, the Oprah Magazine, AARP Bulletin, Prevention.com, iVillage.com and EverydayHealth.com.
The information published on this program is produced independently by PaliMedia or has been approved by the program’s managing editor after review. Content is written and edited by leading experts to ensure that only the most accurate information is published.
PaliMedia follows accepted journalistic quality standards and principles in source selection and fact verification, and endorses ASME’s “ASME Guidelines for Editors and Publishers,” including “Best Practices for Digital Media.”
PaliMedia does not mention the name or specific products of a given sponsor, although that sponsor’s product categories may be mentioned if they are relevant within editorial context.
Unless indicated, content contributors are not employed by or on retainer by the program’s sponsor. If a contributor is employed by or on retainer by the program’s sponsor, we agree to disclose this relationship in the biographical note on the page where that contributor appears.
In a PaliMedia program, you will see that some of our content, tools and links are labeled “From Our Sponsor”. This non-editorial content has not been reviewed by our editorial staff and is not subject to this editorial policy.
In such case that content be used on a sponsor’s Web site, it is done so with PaliMedia permission.
PaliMedia is a privately owned media company that works with nationally known subject matter experts and top editors to create high-quality independent editorial content supported by corporate sponsors and syndicated across a variety of leading multimedia platforms.
For more information, visit http://www.palimedia.com